- Manage Student Meal Accounts
- Make online payments
- View purchase history
- Set reminders
- Families must reapply each year.
- Benefits begin after the application is processed and are not retroactive.
- SNS will notify you in writing whether your application is approved or denied.
- Districts qualify for education funds based on the number of students eligible for free or reduced price meals each year.
- What if my child forgets his/her keypad number as he/she comes through the lunch line?
- What if a student tried to use another student’s universal pin number?
- How can I pay for my student’s purchases?
- How will I know when to send money?
- If I send a check with my High School student, will my student at the Elementary School be able to eat?
- How do I request a refund?
- My student has special dietary needs, how can you accommodate them?
- What is the District Wellness Policy?
- What about classroom treats?
- How are negative balances collected?
You may pay by cash, check or credit card. Cash should be sent in a sealed envelope with the date, the student’s first and last name, and the amount enclosed written on it.
Checks should be made payable to Student Nutrition Services (SNS). On the memo line of the check write the student’s first and last name. Change is not provided for checks or cash.
To pay with a credit card, you will need to register with PayPams at www.paypams.com or 1-(877)-726-7586.
It is the parent’s responsibility to be knowledgeable about meal prices and to monitor lunch balances. We encourage you to discuss cafeteria purchases with your student. If you are registered with PAMS, you can conveniently check balances and purchase history online.
You may also call the school kitchen or the SNS office at (507) 328-4218 to inquire about the meal account balance.
Please call (507) 328-4218 to request a refund.
Reasons for Refund:
- Students Moving out of Rochester Public Schools: If your student is leaving the Rochester Public School District, please call the SNS office to request a meal account refund.
- PayPams: If you have a PayPams account, please call SNS regarding refunding lunch account balances. Do not close the account until you have received your refund.
- Graduating Seniors: If you have a graduating senior with a balance over $10.00, Student Nutrition Services will either refund the balance or transfer it to a sibling. Remaining balances of $10.00 or less, upon request only, will either be refunded to the address on file or transferred to a sibling. If you have a preference, please call the SNS office.
According to the National School Lunch Program Act, Student Nutrition Services is required to adhere to specific Federal regulations in accommodating special diets for students enrolled in Rochester Public Schools.
Please have your child's health care provider complete the special diet statement form and return to: The Office of Student Nutrition Services in the Edison Building.
You will then be contacted to set up a meeting to discuss your child's dietary needs.
Rochester Public Schools will provide lactose-free milk for children with lactose intolerance. Parents can request lactose-free milk for their student by submitting a written request. This request must be submitted each year.
Please submit requests in writing or email.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your student's dietary needs, please contact:
Kayla Timmerman, RD
Student Nutrition Services Dietitian | Email
615 7th Street SW
Rochester, MN 55902
The purpose of this policy is to set forth methods that promote student wellness, prevent and reduce childhood obesity, and assure that school meals and other food and beverages sold and otherwise made available on the school campus during the school day are consistent with applicable minimum local, state, and federal standards.
Rochester Public Schools believes in providing the best nutritional services possible to every student. With this belief, Student Nutrition Services (SNS) will ensure that all students will be provided with a lunch every day. For those students who do not qualify for Free and Reduced Priced Lunch the procedures below will be followed if a negative balance is accrued.
- INITIAL STUDENT NOTIFICATION: SNS will verbally remind students that they need to bring in money for for their lunch account when the balance is approaching zero and becomes negative.
- INITIAL PARENT CONTACT: A weekly Skylert message (phone call, email, or both) will be sent out for students whose lunch account balance is negative $0.45 and below.
- SECOND NOTIFICATION: A letter will be printed by SNS for students whose lunch account balance reaches a negative value of five lunches.
- THIRD NOTIFICATION: A phone call will be made by SNS to parents or guardians of students whose lunch account balance reaches a negative value of ten lunches. During this phone call SNS will remind parents/guardians to complete the Free and Reduced Priced Lunch Application if they have not already done so. Please note, negative balances accrued will not be waived and payment will still be due if a qualified family is approved for FRPL.
- FOURTH NOTIFICATION: SNS will make a second phone call approximately one week after the initial phone call if payment has not been received.
- FIFTH NOTIFICATION: A second letter will be printed by SNS for students whose lunch account balance reaches a negative value of twenty lunches.
- SIXTH NOTIFICATION: A phone call will be made by the SNS (a letter will be mailed if no contact can be made via telephone) to the parents/guardians of students reaching the threshold of negative $50.00 informing them they have five days to pay the negative balance or the District will send the debt to a collection agency.
- FINAL DISTRICT NOTIFICATION: Individual student accounts reaching the threshold of negative $50.00 will be turned over to a collection agency by SNS no earlier than one calendar week after the previous step is completed. If the student is no longer enrolled at RPS, SNS will determine whether to attempt to collect on a lesser negative balance.
SNS is willing to work with families to set up a payment plan with concerns regarding payment on your account. Questions or concerns should be directed to (507) 328-4218.
Edison Administration Building
615 7th Street SW
Rochester, MN 55902
Student Nutrition Services Coordinator
(507) 328-4216 | Email
Angie Wuerflein, RD
Student Nutrition Services Assistant Coordinator
(507) 328-4282 | Email
(507) 328-4217 | Email
Kayla Timmerman, RD, LD
(507) 328-4250 | Email