Our staff work hard to prep for routes that cover over 218 square miles of district boundaries.
We are excited to welcome students back for the 2022-2023 school year! Below is important information and resources for our families and students to prepare for the next school year.
Get Ready for the First Week of School
All other Schools
|First Week of School|
Step Into Learning
Step Into Learning
First Day of Elementary
|Regular School Day|
Free meals for all students are ending. Over the last few years, Rochester Public Schools has been able to provide free meals to all students due to the federal waivers associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Are your kids ready? Use the MDE Immunization PDF to see what vaccines your student should receive.
Effective fall 2022, start and end times for all levels will shift ten minutes earlier.
Download the District academic calendar and speciality calendars to keep your schedule on track for the year.
School Age Child Care (SACC) provides high quality services for students in preschool through fifth grade. Our program provides child care for before- and after-school, and on most non-school days.
Early Learning Schools
- Bamber Valley Elementary School
- Bishop Elementary School
- Churchill Elementary School
- Elton Hills Elementary School
- Folwell Elementary School
- Franklin Elementary School
- Montessori at Franklin District-Wide Elementary School
- Gage Elementary School
- Gibbs Elementary School
- Hoover Elementary School
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Lincoln K-8 District-Wide School
- Longfellow 45-15 District-Wide Elementary School
- Overland Elementary School
- Pinewood Elementary School
- Riverside Central Elementary School
- Sunset Terrace Elementary School
- Washington District-Wide Elementary School
- RPS Online
At the high school level, most teachers will provide information on school supplies during the first few days of class.