Health and Safety Resources
As we return to the school for the Fall 2020 school year, the health and safety of our staff and students is our first priority.
RPS has collected a variety of resources to help provide guidance for administration, staff, students, and families on COVID-19 Safety.
For questions, connect with the COVID Coordination and Response Team.
- What if I or someone in my household has tested positive for COVID-19?
- What if I have COVID-19 symptoms, or have been exposed to someone who is positive with COVID-19?
- What if I've been tested for COVID and am waiting for my test results?
- What is the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act and how can I apply?
- Will staff be required to wear face masks?
- Do staff have to wear a mask if they are wearing a face shield?
- Will masks be provided to students and staff who don't have one?
- Are there any allowable exceptions to the requirement to wear face masks?
- I think a co-worker or student might be infected with COVID-19, what should I do?
- A student or athlete informed me of a confirmed positive test result for COVID-19, what should I do?
- Will teachers be notified if a student is in isolation or quarantine?
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
This law contains an expansion of the Family Medical Leave Act for staff whose childcare was terminated due to COVID-19 and provides emergency sick leave for specified COVID-19- related reasons. This law is effective April 1, 2020-December 31, 2020.