Human Resources

Image of the Human Resources office at the Edison Building

Our department is here to help. We can assist you with employment and lane change information, ID badges and building keyfobs, retirement, re-licensure, and Absence Management and substitution information.

Contact Us:

Edison Building | Room 132
615 7th Street SW,
Rochester, MN 55902
(507) 328-4251 | Email
Fax: (507) 328-4206

Administrative Coordinator

Ariana Perrigo
Email | (507) 328-4321

Human Resources Manager

Rob Cothern
Email | (507) 328-4252

Executive Director

Karl Bakken
Email | (507) 328-4321

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my address and/or phone number?

District employees with an active Skyward profile can make an address change and phone number change at their convenience by logging into their Skyward profile. As a courtesy, employees should inform their building office manager and/or secretary.

District employees who do not have a Skyward profile should submit an address change by emailing Human Resources. Please make sure to indicate your name, position, old address and new address. You will receive a confirmation email once the address has been updated. 

Call (507) 328-4222 with questions. The Office of Human Resources is open year round from 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM.

How do I get a replacement ID badge?

Please email Human Resources for a badge replacement. The badge will be sent to you through interschool mail.

How do I change my W4 Witholding?

Please contact the Payroll Office at (507) 328-4271, or email Payroll to adjust your W4 witholdings.

Where do I go for License renewal information?

Review the information on the MN License renewal web page, if you are still looking for more information or have specific questions, contact your school representative,

I have a new last name. What do I need to do?

To comply with IRS guidelines, we are required to verify a match between employee names and the Social Security Administration records.

Please email Human Resources once you have obtained your new social security card and driver's license reflecting your new name.  The name change e-form will be emailed to you.

For Teachers Only: 

Marriage certificate or a Divorce decree document is required, along with the new social security card and photo ID (Driver's license) with the new name.

The Office of Human Resources will notify the Insurance, Payroll, and Technology departments.

Once the name change has been processed, a confirmation email will be sent to your school district email address. Your site office manager will be copied on the email.

As an employee, you are responsible for completing the following:
  1. Call the Absence Management phone system and re-record your name. 1 (800) 942-3767 > enter your ID number followed by the # key > enter your PIN number followed by the # key > select option #4.
  2. Contact one of the following which pertains to you.  
    Licensed staff – Call TRA (Teachers Retirement Association) at 1 (800) 657-3669
    Non-Licensed staff – Call PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association) at 1 (800) 652-9026.
  3. Complete a new Federal and State W-4 form.
  4. Complete the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) name change form. The form can be emailed to you from the Office of Human Resources.
  5. Request a new ID badge with your new name. Email Empbadge@rochester.k12.mn.us. A replacement ID badge will be sent via inter-school mail to your site.