About P-TECH 535
P–TECH schools enable students to earn both their high school diploma and a two–year associate degree linked to growing, competitive STEM fields.
Each P–TECH school is a partnership between a high school, a community college and an industry partner or partners, all working together to ensure students have the supports required to graduate college– and career–ready.
Benefits of P-TECH 535
- opportunity for a free associates degree
- simultaneous pursuit of a high school diploma and a college degree
- opportunity to experience typical high school activities, while focusing on career orientation
- 6 year timeline starting after 8th grade
- hands-on learning
- industry mentoring
- professional skill development
- workplace experience
- paid internships
- first-in-line job opportunities after graduation
- Where is P-TECH located?
- Is transportation provided?
- If I am in P-TECH, can I still participate in athletics or activities?
- What does "cost-free" cover?
- Can I apply for P-TECH after 9th grade?
- What happens if I change my mind about enrolling in P-TECH?
- If students are not selected in the lottery, will there be a waiting list?
- Can students complete both pathways while enrolled at P-TECH?
- Will students still be able to graduate from their high school before they complete college requirements?