Transportation for Students with Special Needs
This information applies to students who need special transportation services because of their disability or the location of their program.
- Do all special-education students ride on special buses?
- When will my child’s bus ride start?
- If I move, will my child ride the same bus?
- Can a student be picked up or dropped off at different locations each day?
- Will the pick-up and drop-off time change from day to day?
- What if my child’s needs change to being bused in a wheelchair or with special equipment?
- What are the bus driver’s responsibilities?
- What are school-bus assistants’ responsibilities?
- Are there bus assistants on every bus?
- Can a bus assistant come to the door to pick up or drop off a student?
- What are my responsibilities?
- If my child misses the bus, can it come back?
- What is my responsibility at drop-off time?
- How can I support safe ridership?
- Why must I fill out an emergency information form?
- What behavior is expected by a student riding the bus?
- How are discipline problems handled?
- What if a student cannot follow bus safety rules?