Information on Transportation
- Bus Assignment
- Bus Stops
- Route Timing
- Child Care
- Medical Conditions
- Temporary Transportation
- Change of Address
- Inclement Weather
- Riding Privileges
Change of Address
Office of Transportation
615 7th Street SW
Rochester, MN 55902
Phone: (507) 328-4260
Fax: (507) 328-4258
Frequently Asked Questions on Transportation
Below are commonly asked questions about the transportation services provided by Rochester Public Schools. Please read the following questions before contacting the Transportation Office with questions.
- I am open enrolling my child into your district. What are the responsibilities of the enrolling district regarding transportation?
- How far can a school district require a child to walk to a bus stop?
- Is the school district required to transport children who live less than 2 miles from school if there is a hazard between the home and the school?
- My child doesn’t qualify for busing. Can I pay for transportation?
- Is there a law or rule that limits the amount of time a child can spend on the school bus?
- Are there any laws and rules that limit the passenger seating on a school bus?