Section 504 Evaluation Process:
The process always starts with a referral. If you would like to make a referral for a 504 evaluation, please contact your building 504 Coordinator.
Once a referral is received, the district must complete a 504 evaluation to determine if the student meets eligibility for section 504.
- Referral is received.
- 504 Evaluation Plan is proposed to parent. Evaluation procedures may include review of medical information, observation(s), academic and behavioral testing, and interviews.
- Parent Provides Permission for the 504 Evaluation by signing the 504 Evaluation Plan.
- The 504 Evaluation is completed within approximately 30 school days of receiving parent permission.
- Evaluation results are shared with parents and a determination is made regarding qualification for a Section 504 Plan.
- Eligibility for a Section 504 Plan is evaluated periodically. We use a transition schedule at grades 5 and 8 for re-evaluating all students with 504 plans. Additional evaluations may completed upon request.
- 504 Accommodation Plan Process, if a student meets criteria for a 504 Plan.
- The 504 Plan is written by the 504 Team and proposed to the parents within approximately 30 calendar days of evaluation being completed.
- The 504 Prior Written Notice is proposed to parents and must be signed prior to the implementation of the initial 504 Plan.
- 504 Plan is implemented
- 504 Plan is reviewed annually
Sam Pearson | Email
Jared Groehler | Email
Churchill | Hoover
Amy Adams | Email
Brant Goetz | Email
Wendy Moritz | Email
Jill Sheehan | Email
Montessori at Franklin
Isaac Matzek | Email
Heidi Howe | Email
Charlene Hasz | Email
Heather Klavetter | Email
James Sonju | Email
Kris Davidson | Email
Paul Ehling | Email
Dawn Trapp | Email
Heidi Lee | Email
Chad Schroeder | Email