Free and Reduced Price Meals
Rochester Public Schools participates in School Nutrition Programs and accept Applications for Educational Benefits for free and reduced-price school meal benefits. Approval is based on comparison of the household’s income to current U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) household income guidelines. The application is sent and available to all enrolled students at the beginning of each school year.
Households that have already been approved for the following public assistance programs are not required to but can complete an Application for Educational Benefits using case number(s) instead of household income information:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Children approved for these programs may be directly certified for free school meals, based on data supplied to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- 2019-2020 Application for Educational Benefits
- 2019-2020 Application for Educational Benefits - Spanish
- 2019-2020 Application for Educational Benefits - Somali
- 2019-2020 Application for Educational Benefits - Hmong
For more information and resources on Free and Reduced-Price Meals, please visit the Minnesota Department of Education website.
- Families must reapply each year.
- Benefits begin after the application is processed and are not retroactive.
- SNS will notify you in writing whether your application is approved or denied.
- Districts qualify for education funds based on the number of students eligible for free or reduced price meals each year.