Technology and Internet
Federal Communications Commission agreement states that internet and telephone providers will waive late fees, will not cut-off service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots to any American who needs them.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: is offering free WiFi for 60 days, all Xfinity hotspots are free, unlimited data, and flexible payment plans with no disconnect or late fees during this time.
- Charter Spectrum: is offering free broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- AT&T COVID-19 response: is offering open hot-spots and unlimited data to existing customers. There are options for $10/month plans to low income families, and no disconnect or late fees in the next 60 days.
- Verizon COVID-19 response: is waiving late fees for 60 days from March 16- May 13, and will not terminate service through April 30. Verizon will offer unlimited domestic calling to customers on limited-minute plans, and waive activation fees on new lines and upgrades.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: is providing unlimited data for 60 days to customers with metered data plans, giving 20 GB of free mobile hotspot to customers with hotspot-capable devices, and waiving per-minute toll charges for international calls from the U.S. to CDC- defined Level 3 countries.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: is offering all current customers on legacy plans unlimited high-speed data, customers on smartphone plans with hotspot data will receive an additional 20GB of smartphone mobile hotspot, and free international calling.
Food and Meals
Rochester Public Schools is offering two FREE meal programs. Pick up and Grab-and-Go meals are available March 23-26 from 11:00 AM - 12: 30 PM.
Meals will consist of a cold lunch with breakfast included for the next day. Lunches are intended to be eaten immediately or should be stored in the refrigerator within 2 hours. Please discard any leftovers within 3 days. Cold foods should be kept cold (milk & cheese < 41 degrees).
For more information, including site locations, or to help us spread the word, please review and download the program flyers below.