Our goal is to bring together our students, staff, families, and community members to help strengthen our community and classrooms. There are many ways to make a contribution, and we are thrilled you are considering sharing your time and talents with us.
What is Volunteers in Education?
The Volunteers in Education (ViE) program was created in 1977 and serves to enrich education in the Rochester Public Schools by making the time, talents, and expertise of parents/guardians, community members, and community businesses available to students and staff.
Rochester Public Schools encourages parents, guardians, grandparents, and community members to share their time, talents and knowledge with our students. Volunteers in our schools enrich the educational programs and strengthen our school relationships with families, businesses, and the community as a whole. The education of our students takes a community effort.
- American Indian Education Parent Committee
- Community Curriculum Council / World's Best Workforce
- Community Education Citizens Advisory Council (CECAC)
- Chair & Vice Chair Meeting
- Employees of Color Resource Group (EoCRG)
- Family and Community Engagement Committee
- Insurance Trust Committee
- Long-Range Planning Committee
- Media Services Reconsideration Committee
- PAIIR and School Readiness Advisory Council
- PTSA Area Council (Parent Teacher Student Association)
- Policy Committee
- Post-Employment Benefit Trust Committee
- REA Meet and Confer
- Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC)
- Student School Board
- Wellness Committee