Our daily activities have changed a lot recently, and SACC is no different. In mid-March, Governor Walz directed districts to pause with regular programming, to allow school-day childcare for emergency workers only for the remainder of the school year.
As summer approaches, we hope to return to some level of regular programming to meet the needs of all our SACC families. This means we are going to move ahead with SACC Registration, beginning May 6, for Summer 2020 and School Year 2020-2021. We realize that some of these plans are still likely to change, as we are awaiting summer guidance from the Minnesota Department of Education.
Here are the details, as of May 5:
- Care will be available at Ben Franklin, Jefferson, and Washington Elementary Schools this summer.
- Summer registrations will be accepted as follows:
- Phase One, starting May 6, will be for contracts for four (4) or five (5) days of care per week and/or at least forty (40) days scheduled June 10-August 17.
- Phase Two, starting on or about May 18, will be for contracts for least three (3) days of care per week and/or thirty (30) days scheduled June 10-August 17, as long as space remains available.
- If program space remains available, a final phase will allow any size contract.
- At this time, we are planning to have a limited number of children per site and per room.
- Franklin Summer SACC and Washington Summer SACC are full and are not accepting new registrations. Please call the Northrop SACC office (507) 328-4040 for waiting list information.
- Fees for the 2020-2021 Summer and School Year as Follows:
- $74 - Registration Fee
- $33 - Scheduled Full Day for Summer
- $38 - Drop in Rate for Summer
SACC will follow the safety guidelines recommended by the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. If there are changes to these guidelines for summer care, we will reflect those changes in our program.
The current guidelines are as follows:
- Hand washing before and after each activity rotation
- Temperature checks for all staff and participants as they enter into the building
- Sanitizing our equipment before and after daily use
- Staff will wear masks while inside buildings and while outside when social distancing is difficult
- Limited group sizes of ten or fewer participants, with consistent staff members where possible.
- Any staff or participant will be sent home if they exhibit vomiting, a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or more, or other symptoms of infection
- Per CDC guidance, any staff or participant will be sent home if they exhibit symptoms of coronavirus, including cough or shortness of breath or at least two of these symptoms: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
If you have any questions please reach out to the SACC Main Office, you can email or call us at (507) 328-4040 between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.