Rochester Public Schools (RPS) is continuing to develop their full strategic plan between September 1, 2021, and April 1, 2022. This full strategic plan will guide the work of the District for three school years, from 2022 through 2025. Today, RPS is launching an application to participate in an action planning group.
“The goal of the action plan is to focus and coordinate the efforts of all members of the Rochester community to achieve the mission, vision, and universal goals outlined in the District’s current strategic plan an in the District’s Graduate Profile,” said Interim Superintendent Dr. Kent Pekel. “Our goal is to have a variety of background and knowledge in six collaborative groups, including Rochester Public Schools staff, students, parents, and community members.”
The six working groups are:
- Outcomes and Measures Working Group: This group will identify a limited number of critical outcomes that the plan will aim to help students achieve and ways to measure progress toward achieving those outcomes.
- Family and Community Engagement Working Group: This group will identify new initiatives and changes in existing school district processes and systems that will align the work of Rochester Public Schools with the needs and priorities of RPS families and key community organizations.
- Improvement Systems Working Group: This group will identify the structures and processes that exist or that need to be created in order to achieve the student outcomes identified in the strategic plan.
- Economic Engine Working Group: This group will identify new initiatives and changes in existing school district processes and systems that will generate the financial resources needed to achieve the outcomes identified in the strategic plan.
- Organizational Culture Working Group: This group will identify new initiatives and changes in existing school district processes and systems that will enable all students and staff to be their full selves and thrive in Rochester Public Schools.
- Coherence Committee: This group will monitor the progress of the five working groups and facilitate communication and alignment across the groups throughout the strategic action planning process.
Groups will begin meeting in mid-October and will meet five times for three hours each. Group members will collective decide on a meeting schedule that best matched their availability. A virtual option will be available for each meeting. A stipend of $150 per meeting will be paid for those that request payment for their time. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply using this application link, or copy and paste this into your web browser: https://forms.gle/xt2qg7UsXQNxp1gb7 The application will close on September 12.
To work in an efficient and effective manner, it is necessary to keep the group membership small at a group size of 6-12 people per group. However, the charge for each group will include gathering broad input from the community, families, students and staff to inform their work. In order to ensure that the members of the working groups and the Coherence Committee are knowledgeable about the issues they will be charged with examining and can bring diverse perspectives on those issues to the groups, we are inviting any interested member of the Rochester community to apply to serve on a group. The applications will be reviewed and selected by a team of school administrators and school board members chaired by the interim superintendent. Participants will be notified of their selection by September 27th.