Updated on March 3, 2021
On Tuesday, February 2, 2021, the Rochester Public School Board voted to approve a change in both the elementary and secondary learning models. More information either has or will be forthcoming from your school(s).
Here is the key information for now:
PreK and Elementary Learning Model
- Grades PreK - grade 5 to continue the hybrid model through the month of February and to return to full in-person learning, five days a week, beginning March 1.
- This means that beginning on March 1, PreK - grade 5 students will resume their pre-pandemic school start times of 9:10/9:15 AM and dismissal time of 3:35 PM.
- There will be no school for students on Wednesday, February 24 because this will be a Model Change Planning Day for teachers.
- Students that have chosen to remain in Distance Learning will continue with Distance Learning for the remainder of the school year.
Secondary Learning Model
- Middle and High School students will return to in-person learning beginning on April 5, which is the first day of the fourth quarter. Students will attend all-day, 5 days a week.
- There will be an early dismissal from the regular pre-pandemic times to accommodate the Governor’s Executive Order, allowing for 30 minutes a day of planning for teachers. Students will begin school during their pre-pandemic start times. Schools will be sharing more information regarding this.
- Our 6th and 9th grade students will be participating in welcoming activities since this will be their first time in school.
- Like pre-pandemic times, students will attend an 8-period day.
- Mitigation and safety measures will be in place - more details will be communicated to parents.
- There will be no school for students on March 17, March 24, and March 25 because these will be a Model Change Planning Day for teaching staff.
- Students will have the opportunity to remain in Distance Learning. Information will come directly from your school.
More extensive information will be shared with parents and staff before Spring Break.
For immediate questions, families should contact their supervisor and parents are reminded to contact their principals.
Last Week of the Quarter Schedule for the Secondary Students:
- Monday, March 22: Regular instruction day (Distance Learning Plus Supports) for students
- Tuesday, March 23: Last day of the quarter AND a transition day for 6th and 9thgrade students (more information will be coming from your school)
- Wednesday, March 24: No school for students. Teacher planning day, pending MDE approval.
- Thursday, March 25: No school for students. Teacher planning day, pending MDE approval.
- Friday, March 26: No school for students. District workday for grading.