Home School Education
For some families, homeschooling is the appropriate educational choice for their child. For specific questions and to review requirements, visit the Minnesota Department of Education website.
If you determine homeschooling is the best option for your student, you must turn in a Homeschool Full Report to Rochester Public Schools:
- By October 1 of the first year, the child is homeschooled after reaching age 7.
- Within 15 days of withdrawing a child from public school to homeschool.
- Within 15 days of moving out of a district, the parent must notify the old district of the move. They must turn in the Full Report to the new district by October 1 of the next year.
In subsequent years, the parent turns in a Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction by October 1 of each year.
Full Reports and Letters of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction are available on the Nonpublic and Homeschool web page. You do not have to use these documents; you can submit this information to the school district in a different format.
For any questions regarding exception to attendance, please email Diane Paprocki in the Office of School Support or call (507) 328-4300.
How to Submit Home school forms:
- Download the forms below:
- Complete the fillable form and save the file.
- Type in your first and last name.
- Enter your email address to receive an email confirming we have received your form.
- Upload the completed form below by using the Select File button.
- Click the Submit button.
If you experience any technical difficulties or have problems submitting your form online, you may also print the form and bring it to the Office of School Support at Edison Administration Building (615 7th Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902).