Exception to Attendance
A parent or guardian may request an exception to attendance for a student(s) to attend another school other than their neighborhood school attendance area. Exception to Attendance Applications require a valid reason, and are reviewed by the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education. It is also important to note that exception to attendance does not apply to District-Wide schools and programs.
A parent or legal guardian may request that a student attend school in the the area of their daycare provider. This may be granted provided the following conditions apply:
- Transportation is provided by the District only if the address is within the attendance area of the receiving school and meets the distance requirements for transportation. A "Daycare transportation Request Card" must be completed in the transportation office.
- The daycare provider must sign and provide contact information on the Exception to Attendance form.
Conditions of an Exception to Attendance
An Exception to Attendance form must document reasons student attends a school outside of their neighborhood area school.
- Exception to Attendance may be limited based on the academic welfare of the students, the building capacity, and the current class sizes.
- The student must maintain acceptable attendance and behavior or the exception may be rescinded and the student would return to the home attendance area school.
- Transportation is not provided and is the responsibility of the student's family.
Exceptions to attendance for Elton Hills and Gibbs elementary schools are closed for the 2019-2020 school year.
For any questions regarding exception to attendance, please email Diane Paprocki.