Exception to Attendance
A parent or guardian may request an exception to attendance for a student(s) to attend another school other than their neighborhood school attendance area. Exception to Attendance Applications require a valid reason, and are reviewed by the Office of School Support. It is also important to note that exception to attendance does not apply to District-Wide schools and programs.
Reasons for an exception to attendance:
For any questions regarding exception to attendance, please email Diane Paprocki in the Office of School Support or call (507) 328-4300.
How to Submit an Exception to Attendance Form:
- Start by downloading the 2022-2023 Exception to Attendance Form or 2023-2024 Exception to Attendance Form (PDF).
- Complete the fillable form and save the file.
- Type in your first and last name.
- Enter your email address to receive an email confirming we have received your form.
- Upload the completed form below by using the Select File button.
- Click the Submit button.
If you experience any technical difficulties or have problems submitting your form online, you may also print the form and bring it to the Office of School Support at Edison Administration Building (615 7th Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902).
Exceptions to Attendance for the 2023-2024 School year will begin mid-May of 2023.