MDE Family guidance
As Minnesota school districts and charter schools plan for the 2020-21 school year, so are Minnesota families.
This document gives families a quick overview of the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidance for schools and so families know what information they should expect from their child’s school.
ECFE Parent Support
Rochester Community Education is offering Online Parenting Support through Early Childhood Family Services.
Emotional Wellness by RPS
Student and Family Resource Lines serve as your connection to the student supports at your school.
Just like you may call or stop by the counselor or social worker’s office, we encourage you to use the Resource Line during this time of distance learning. If you are worried about how your child is doing emotionally or need help accessing community services, we are here to support you.
Technology and Internet
Federal Communications Commission agreement states that internet and telephone providers will waive late fees, will not cut-off service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots to any American who needs them.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: is offering free WiFi for 60 days, all Xfinity hotspots are free, unlimited data, and flexible payment plans with no disconnect or late fees during this time.
- Charter Spectrum: is offering free broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- AT&T COVID-19 response: is offering open hot-spots and unlimited data to existing customers. There are options for $10/month plans to low income families, and no disconnect or late fees in the next 60 days.
- Verizon COVID-19 response: is waiving late fees for 60 days from March 16- May 13, and will not terminate service through April 30. Verizon will offer unlimited domestic calling to customers on limited-minute plans, and waive activation fees on new lines and upgrades.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: is providing unlimited data for 60 days to customers with metered data plans, giving 20 GB of free mobile hotspot to customers with hotspot-capable devices, and waiving per-minute toll charges for international calls from the U.S. to CDC- defined Level 3 countries.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: is offering all current customers on legacy plans unlimited high-speed data, customers on smartphone plans with hotspot data will receive an additional 20GB of smartphone mobile hotspot, and free international calling.
Rochester Public Schools is collaborating with a variety of non-profit organizations, the city of rochester, and many of our partners to provide community resources for our families.
Health and Safety during COVID-19
How to make a mask:
The CDC recently recommended that all individuals wear cloth face masks or coverings when in public. Face masks do not replace social distancing measures, but they can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others.
It is recommended that all masks be in alignment with the CDC’s guidelines for masks. There are a number of patterns available that follow CDC requirements. They include:
- CDC Pattern
- Deaconess Health How to make a Face Mask (video)
- Allina Health How to make a face mask (PDF)
- Filter Opening Face Mask Pattern (video)