We're thrilled you are interested in joining our team. Substitutes play a crucial role in education, by ensuring there is no gap in our students' education.
In order to becoming a substitute for Rochester Public Schools ISD 535:
- Fill out an application at on applitrack.
- Please include: two letters of recommendation, cover letter and resume, and copy of teaching license.
- Selected candidates will receive an additional email on the On-boarding process.
Qualifications for substitute teachers include:
- A current Minnesota Teaching License
- Experience having worked in an urban, multicultural education field is desirable.
- Availability and flexibility in your schedule to accommodate the District's day-to-day needs.
- Knowledge of subject matter, classroom management techniques, and best practices.
For more information or any questions, please email Julie Jimenez Coles.
Interested in becoming a substitute?
The Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) offers a Three-Year, Short Call Substitute license to applicants who have a bachelor’s degree, but not in education.
To obtain a Short Call License, visit the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) website.