Rochester Public Schools and MNCorps have teamed up and are recruiting full-time and part-time math and literacy tutors for select elementary and middle schools in Rochester. Math and literacy tutors commit to 11 months of AmeriCorps service. Our tutors are parents, grandparents, college students and recent college graduates, mid-career professionals and retirees who may want to get more involved at our school, explore a new career in education, re-enter the workforce or give back to their community.
Benefits of serving include:
- Training and coaching in research-based math practice strategies
- Impacting the lives of students who need extra support to become proficient in math
- Biweekly living allowance
- Education award
- Health care and child care benefits (available for full time only)
- Stronger connection to Rochester Public Schools
Interested in becoming a tutor?
Great tutors come from all walks of life. Whether you’re 18 or 85, your most important qualification is a desire to help children succeed! Other qualifications to meet by the beginning of your service:
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S.
- Served three or fewer terms with AmeriCorps