About Rochester Public Schools
Rochester Public Schools is the second largest employer in Rochester, Minnesota with approximately 2,800 employees. Of those employees, approximately 1,400 are teachers and 650 are paraprofessionals. Rochester has the seventh largest enrollment in Minnesota with 17,800 students based on enrollment and spans 218 square miles throughout portions of Olmsted and Wabasha Counties. The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent.
- Rochester Public Schools offers a competitive salary and opportunities for career advancement along the way.
- Join an involved community with active Parent Teacher Associations and caring community members and partners.
- All teachers receive hands-on professional learning and support from the District’s Instructional Coaches to enhance the use of technologies and tools in their academic practice.
- Staff is continuously involved in professional learning at the team and building levels, allowing teachers to focus on specific goals, use meaningful data, reflect on practice, and coach one another.
- RPS is committed to meeting the educational needs of each student by offering comprehensive curriculum, effective instruction, interventions and special courses, programs, and activities to challenge and inspire student learning.
Our goal is to provide our staff with professional learning that improves educator effectiveness and in return continually improves student learning and experiences.
All staff has the opportunity to continue their learning experience by taking part in professional development days. These days are spent in a variety of learning experiences from hands-on classroom exercises to keynote speakers and conferences.
Along with our professional development offerings, we also offer other programs such as the Para-to-Teacher Program in partnership with WSU, Graduate Induction Program, and more.
About Rochester, MN
Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 114,000+ and twice voted "The Best Place to Live in America" by Money magazine. Rochester is home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world.