MN World Language Certificates and Seals
Minnesota districts and charter schools may award Minnesota bilingual and multilingual seals to high school graduates who demonstrate the required levels of language proficiency for languages other than English, including American Sign Language (ASL) and American Indian (indigenous) languages in grades 10, 11, 12 regardless of how the language was learned. Bilingual and multilingual seals are awarded upon graduation. World language proficiency certificates can be awarded when students meet proficiency requirements. Read details of the legislation.
- How do I receive college credit?
- How many semester credits will Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) award?
- What are the requirements for a bilingual or multilingual seal?
- What assessments can be used to assess students’ language proficiency levels?
- Who do I contact if I am interested in obtaining a bilingual or multilingual seal?