Our mission is to inspire, challenge, and empower all students with the knowledge and skills required to reach their full potential, to contribute to future generations, and to become involved members of a global community.
Vision of Student Success
All students who attend Rochester Public Schools will discover their individual passions along with a strong sense of self and purpose. Students graduate equipped with the skills and qualities outlined in the Graduate Profile.
Access and Equity
Make educational equity a reality by ensuring every student experiences high-quality teaching and learning in a culturally responsive environment.
Provide teaching and learning environments that engage and empower students to be critical thinkers, ethical contributors, skilled communicators, effective collaborators, resilient learners and success-ready individuals.
Fulfill our commitment to students and families by meeting the expectations of the Graduate Profile, and enlist the community to share in this responsibility.
- Quality schools offer engaging and challenging programs, caring and committed staff, collaborative and visible leaders, and instruction that considers the passion, interest, and needs of each student.
- It is possible to increase academic achievement for each and every student.
- Family and community engagement and effective partnerships are essential to achieving our vision for student success.
- Students play a critical role in their learning.
- It is critical to identify and understand the academic, cultural, developmental, emotional, and social needs of the student.
- Equity is a lens through which all decisions should be made.
- Education equity is the condition of justice, fairness, and inclusion in our systems of education so that all students have access to the opportunity to learn and develop to their fullest potential.