Auditorium and Pool Updates
may 19, 2020
On Tuesday, May 19 the Rochester Public School Board received an update on the high school auditorium project, as well as accepted and approved bids for the project. This project includes:
- New theatrical and house LED lighting
- New dimmer racks to increase control
- New and upgraded lighting and controls with a “General Use” interface and a “Technical Play” Interface
- New sound system and sound controls with a “General Use” interface and a “Technical Play” Interface
- New auditorium specific wireless intercom system
- New Assisted listening system
- New projector and screen
The school board approved the base bid from Egan Companies in the amount of $1,814,000 and Alternate 1 and 2 and part of Alternate 4 in the amount of $102,322 for total bid amount of $1,916,322 for the high school auditorium upgrades at John Marshall, Mayo, and Century High Schools. All of the information is available on BoardDocs.
Construction is well under way for the new Century High School pool. Review the livestream below to watch the progress. The pool expected occupancy date is September 15, 2022.