Auditorium and Pool Updates
may 19, 2020
On Tuesday, May 19 the Rochester Public School Board received an update on the high school auditorium project, as well as accepted and approved bids for the project. This project includes:
- New theatrical and house LED lighting
- New dimmer racks to increase control
- New and upgraded lighting and controls with a “General Use” interface and a “Technical Play” Interface
- New sound system and sound controls with a “General Use” interface and a “Technical Play” Interface
- New auditorium specific wireless intercom system
- New Assisted listening system
- New projector and screen
The school board approved the base bid from Egan Companies in the amount of $1,814,000 and Alternate 1 and 2 and part of Alternate 4 in the amount of $102,322 for total bid amount of $1,916,322 for the high school auditorium upgrades at John Marshall, Mayo, and Century High Schools. All of the information is available on BoardDocs.
On February 16, the School Board received an update from Dana Hlebichuk of Widseth Smith and Nolting on the design on the Century High School Pool addition. This update provided direction on the addition placement and the interior layouts of the pool, locker room, and multi-use space. Currently construction is in the process of schematic design and design development and will move into construction documentation in the next few weeks. The District's timeline is to have both the Mayo and Century High School pools completed by Fall 2022.